Books on the Radio is co-sponsoring the SFU Symposium on the Book Humour Writing Contest!
Along with the Walrus Magazine, the Vancouver International Writers’ Festival, The Globe and Mail, CBC Radio One and Delta Vancouver Suites, BOTR will has donated prizes to the contest for a best short humour piece.
It’s a pretty sweet contest with some great prizes. Check them out:
• Two tickets to the Symposium on the Book (humour) on July 18th
• Two complete sets of books from each of the authors at the symposium
• Two nights at the Delta Suites Vancouver
• Passes for two to an event during the Vancouver International Writers Festival
• A year’s subscription to The Walrus magazine
• A year’s subscription to The Globe and Mail
• The latest book from esteemed designer Robert Bringhurst (CCSP Press)
• Dinner with the authors and panelists in the symposium
The story will be printed, recorded and broadcast on BOTR, the CBC and the SFU Summer Publishing website.
All we want is a 500-700 word essay of your best humour writing. Three judges will make the final selection and we will announce the winner on July 14th. Be prepared to have your piece read on air by North by Northwest and published on Books on the Radio and the SFU Summer Publishing website.
Deadline for entries is: Monday, July 5 at 5:00 p.m.
Send your submission to one of three places by mail, email or in person. Be sure to clearly label it SYMPOSIUM CONTEST.